Saturday, October 31, 2009

Self Assesment- Orginizational Preferences

This week I took several assessments:
III.A.1 What type of organizational structure do I prefer?....37
III.A.3 How good am I at giving performance feedback?.....4/4
III.B.1 What is the right organizational culture for me?.....21
III.B.2 How committed am I to my organization?....3.6
III.B.4 How motivated am I to manage?....23
III.C.1 How well do I respond to turbulent change?....86
III.C.3 Am I burned out?.....2.23
I was interested to see the results of “III.B.2 How committed am I to my organization?” especially in comparison to how my wife would answer the same questions. There was no surprise here, I scored pretty low: 3.6. When my wife answered the questions she actually scored me a bit lower (though not much): 2.33. I had anticipated her scoring me lower than I scored myself, because she tends to be my sounding board. She gets the negative aspects of my job to a greater extent than the positives. I should probably spend some time talking about what I like too.

Sadly, this assessment got me thinking about what I appreciated about my job, and what I didn't. Unfortunately, aside from the people I work with, the only positive is that I don't typically work more than 50hrs. Now I am on a quest to find other aspects that I enjoy so that I do not become dissatisfied and discontent.

No comments: