Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Personality Assesment

I completed more than the assigned 5 assessments for no other reason than I was enjoying seeing the results. I completed all Part I assessments, as well as all Part IV.A through Part IV.C assessments. Some were informative but most were just interesting to see as I reflected on the answers to my questions and the results of the assessment.

I would like to discuss the results of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator or Jungian 16 Type Personality assessment. After answering the associated questions the result showed that I am rated as ENTP. “E” for Extroverted, “N” for Intuitive, “T” for Thinking and “P” for Precieveing.

Although I would have never (nor anyone who knows me) classified myself as Extroverted, I believe that I must be close to the center point on this classification. This is the only classification that was a surprise to me.

EMTP's are identified as conceptualizers which are innovative, individualistic, versatile and entrepreneurial. We tend to be “resourceful in solving challenging problems but may neglect routine assignments” (Robbins pg35). I see these tendencies in everyday life. I have a broad range of skills and interests and I am always looking for a better way to accomplish basically everything. It is always a challenge do the day-to-day tasks that are required in my work, but I am able to overcome the challenge by identifying ways to improve the efficiency of the mundane. I see my personality as an asset as I deal with people because I can quickly react to changing situations.

No comments: